Friday, August 30, 2013

August 30, 2013

     Good morning. Mom was able to walk to the shower and back with one person assisting her yesterday. She had a shower and was doing very well. That is until she was transferred to a new room, in the UTCC, a transitional care area of the hospital. She will be getting physical therapy twice a day. And hopefully be going home soon. The room change made her very confused. And I quite frankly did not like being here. It is such a change from being in the regular part of the hospital. But like my brother-in-law said as he was trying to calm me down last night, I think we had gotten spoiled by the staff where we were. They were truly exceptional, very caring, kind, and understanding. We have moved to a place in the hospital that is more like a nursing home than hospital. I was very disappointed in the service and the care given. I also disagree with some of their rules. I did however like the physical therapist, she seemed nice and understanding. One thing here that I did not like at first has actually turned out good for us. She is in the last room, I am concerned that no one will be passing by and looking in on her but this negative is a positive at night because it is very quiet, no one passes by making noise. We both slept very well. So I guess with every negative there is a positive. I just need to calm down and deal better with change. I was very upset last night, now I think I may have been over stressed and overreacted. Now with sleep I think I feel better. We shall see how today goes.
     Have a good day.

                                                             April Whitehair     

No comments:

Post a Comment