Monday, August 26, 2013

August 26, 2013

     Good morning. I feel like I am on an emotional roller coaster. I am very positive and sure things will be ok one minute then I will feel like she will never recover the next. I think I am expecting to much to soon. Mom just had her surgery the day before yesterday. Right? I keep getting the days mixed up. They got her up and walked a few steps to the chair yesterday, then walked back to bed, then up a couple of times to the potty chair. They all say she is doing good for just having surgery so soon ago. It hurts her quite a bit but she does it. Then last night I fell asleep around midnight and Mom somehow climbed over the bed rail to go to the potty the nurse seen her and ran in to help her, that's when I woke up. I may never sleep again. And I didn't. Mostly because she would yell for me every 20 minutes to use the bed pan. She is on iv fluids and it keeps her going, constantly. She didn't sleep a wink, even after a 3 am dose of Morphine. She will tire out soon and probably be to sleepy to do a good job at her therapy session today. My sister will be coming in to be with Mom today and I hope they have a good day and have a positive report for me when I get back.
     Change of subject for a little bit. I got my second set of seeds from the seed of the month club. Yeah! I got Parsnips, Kale, Melon, and Zucchini. Those are all new to me. I have never grew any of those before and I don't think I have ever ate parsnips. My garden next year will be an adventure that's for sure. I miss my garden, even though there wasn't much of it left. I do have several birdhouse gourds growing and a couple pumpkins. I will check on them when I get home today.
     I am going to go. Have a good day.

                                                                      April Whitehair

No comments:

Post a Comment