Monday, August 19, 2013

August 19, 2013

     Good morning. Mom is driving me crazy this morning. Anytime I try to do anything she asks me what I am doing. If I am cleaning up something she will start crying and say she is sorry she made a mess. I so just want to say stop crying and stop making messes, but instead I just go hide in my room. I am going to have to get out of this room sometime today. I am planning on cleaning the refrigerator and freezer out and going grocery shopping this evening. I am sure Mom will be under foot the whole time.
     I just have to keep reminding myself that when I was a kid I am sure that I made many messes that Mom had to clean up and I am sure that I was in her way when she was trying to clean many times. Only twice in my childhood did I ever see her upset with me, that I can remember. Once when I was just 'helping' her by cleaning a small area of the wall in the kitchen which created a very noticeable clean spot and she had to clean the rest of the walls during a very busy time of the year. Second when I spit in my sister's hair, which was the only time I was ever spanked, well it was actually just a pat on the but with an angry look. My parents didn't believe in spanking. If I made Mom upset, sad, or disappointed her in any way was worse punishment than any spanking I could have ever received.
    I am going to go try to get something accomplished today. Have a good day.

                                                                 April Whitehair

No comments:

Post a Comment