Saturday, May 4, 2013

Cornflake chicken and Flea market

     Good afternoon. I had a good day so far. My husband took me to the flea market and to several yard sales this morning. We found a couple of things. I think it is cute that I  have him thinking about prepping. He would see things and say that would be good for when SHTF. I bought a Longaberger bag, I just love those purses. I also bought 4 shirts and a skirt. I was looking at other things but they would not come down on the price so I walked away. Its ok they can keep their way to expensive stuff and have to pack it up and take it back home. One yard sale even gave me a half off discount.  Anyway it was I good day and we talked to several nice people. I still do believe there is good people in this the world.
     Got home and walked the garden and noticed that the cats must have made my cucumber patch into a play area. I have now lost many cucumber plants. It's a good thing that I had started and planted over 90 of them. My bell pepper seeds that I had started over a month ago have two starting to grow. I am so excited about that. My small farm is doing good. But must figure out a way to keep the cats out of the garden. Any suggestions on that?
     Lunch for today was my husbands favorite, cornflake chicken. It's easy to make and very yummy.

CORNFLAKE CHICKEN
Crush up cornflakes, not frosted flakes!
Use boneless skinless chicken. Rinse with water.
Roll in flour with salt and pepper.
Dip in egg.
Roll in crushed corn flakes. Flatten up good with the palm of your hand.
Fry in oil till golden brown.
My husband likes to dip them in ranch. I like adding extra salt. I am a huge salt fan.

                                                                            April Whitehair

No comments:

Post a Comment