Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Lilacs Stink !!

     Good morning. Coffee and gardening makes a great morning. We had a lot of rain last night and was worried about all my little plants but they all seemed to be ok this morning except for the one watermelon plant that has not looked good for a couple days, I think its in a bad spot with the rain runoff from the roof. My husband put compost around a lot of the plants. And he said that the compost looked really good. That made me feel very good. I started making compost last summer and it was my first time making compost. So hearing that it was good compost makes me excited to continue composting this year.
     I have two big lilac bushes or are they trees? Not sure but they are big enough to be trees. With all this lilac I wanted to do something with them. I researched what to do and found directions for dried lilac sachets and lilac water scent spray. So my husband helped to cut off some flowers and hang them to dry. Then I made some of the scented water and it did not turn out well. It does not smell good nor does it smell like lilac. So with all the smelling to see if it worked I now detest the smell of lilac! And the ones hanging to dry in my laundry room makes me sick it even open the door to that room. I think I have ruined lilacs for me.
     One of my favorite things to do in the morning while walking in the yard is watch all my cats play and run. One of my cats loves to lay in the back yard swing and me to push. I don't think my cats believe they are cats I think they think they are human. Well humans who like to catch mice. Every farm, big or small needs a cat to keep the rodent numbers under control. My boys(cats) love to bring home mice they have killed, just a little present for me, to show me what a good job they do.
      Have a good day.

                                                                           April Whitehair
    

No comments:

Post a Comment