Friday, May 31, 2013

Why do I Blog?

     Good morning.  Yesterday evening I planted more sunflowers and I also planted pumpkins. I would love to have pumpkins to carve for Halloween. I am not sure about making pumpkin pie, I hear its a lot of work. I also have birdhouse gourd seeds soaking so I can plant them this evening. I am running out of space to plant. I would so love to buy a few acres somewhere that I could just put a garden on. Even just one acre without a house sitting on it, I could grow so much. Just dreaming. Back to the real world now.
     So I have been asked why do I blog. Well there are many reasons. First I do it as a diary so someday I can look back and remember life in the last years with my mom. Also its a good resource for me to look at and see what worked and didn't work in the garden. And I try to write respectfully about my mom but truthfully so that anyone who reads this will know what my life is like when living with someone with Alzheimer's. I write in hopes that something I say will reach someone who needs to hear it. I write to share ideas and hopefully get some ideas from some of my readers. I write to share my prepper experiences and information. I write to encourage others to think about prepping themselves. I write about my happiness and sorrows. I write my truth. I do not get paid for anything I write. I do not at this time have advertisers on my blog. Not saying that someday I wont but for now I am satisfied with just sharing freely my thoughts and opinions. I am enjoying building friendships and a reader base that enjoys reading about my life. My writing sometimes includes friends and family members that are part of my life. They all know about this blog and I have never yet heard from any of them anything negative about it. I rarely write there names in the blog posts so as to protect their privacy. My husband is my main supporter in this life, as it should be. He has stood beside me in bad times and in good. He always seems to be by my side in all the adventure I come up with. Sometimes shaking his head at my random crazy ideas and sometimes coming up with his own. I write about him as truthfully and respectfully as I can. I do not nor will I use this blog as a way to air dirty laundry. All marriages have good days and bad days. Ours seem to have much more good days than bad. And for that I am greatful. Not every man would give up his home to move in with his mother-in-law to help her have a happy and safe last years on this earth. There will be great rewards laid up in heaven for him. I have wrote some about my religious life. And I am sure there will be more posts in the future where I share more of my thoughts and feelings about that subject. But as for today I must go, the day is slowly slipping away. I have so many things to do.
     Have a good day.

                                                                   April Whitehair

No comments:

Post a Comment