Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Just another day.

     Good morning. Yesterday we had a nice visit by my sister and brother-in-law. My mom loves to get company. She loves my brother-in-law, even though she doesn't know who my sister, her daughter is. We had a good time just sitting around and talking. We need to get together more often. They have a house boat on a local lake and we all love to go up and swim in the summer. They are such good hosts and after they left yesterday all I could think about is that I forgot to offer them something to drink. I need to work on my hosting skills.
     Yesterday my husband was bound and determined to kill what ever kind of bug that is eating the garden plants. So he went back out and bought a new kind of bug killer. He bought Ortho Bug-Geta Plus Snail, Slug, and Insect killer. And I am happy to report that this morning there are lots of dead slugs in the garden. So I guess the problem we had was with slugs. The other problem we are having in the garden are cats but there isn't much we can do about that. I found my cat Itsy Bitsy laying in the flower box with the baby strawberry plants, I thought I would die. I have been growing and babying them for so long. Anyway there doesn't seem to be any damage to them. And as per my husband's instructions I put sticks pointed up in the flower boxes to keep the cats out and so far none of the cats have laid in them again.
     We actually went across the creek again to check on the watermelons that we had planted over there. And no I didn't fall in again. The watermelon plants are doing good. The ones we planted in the roots of an up rooted tree are doing very well.
     We got the rock ordered for the driveway. It should be here this weekend. My husband has been working very hard at killing all the grass and weeds that are growing in the driveway. I tried spraying it with vinegar and that didn't work, he bought some stuff that didn't work so yesterday he bought different stuff, Roundup weed and grass killer. He put it on yesterday evening and this morning we have a lot of brown grass and weeds but there is some green left. It did work better that the other stuff we have been trying. There is some left in the bottle so I expect that my husband will spray it again today.
     We had a planned power outage yesterday evening for maintenance. Even though they said it would be shut off at 5:30 it was actually shut off at 3. I thought it was nice to know ahead of time so we could be prepared. We did learn something during this temporary outage, my husband is addicted to electric. He doesn't know what to do with himself when he cant get on the computer or watch tv. He couldn't even take a nap because it was to quiet. So I must figure out some things to put in my prepper supply to entertain my husband. But I figure if/when the SHTF happens there will be plenty for him to do.
     Have a good day.

                                                                      April Whitehair

No comments:

Post a Comment