Monday, May 27, 2013

     Good morning.  Its raining again. All this rain is driving me crazy. But I think the garden likes it. Everything is growing. The beans look so sad. The bugs have ate the top leaves but they are still growing. I used the seven dust spray last week and they don't look any worse. I hope they continue to grow and over come the damage. Yes I know that seven dust spray is not organic but I had to buy what I could find and that is all I could find that day. My plans for next years garden is to go all organic and gmo free. I never thought about it this year when I bought seeds. Live and learn or plant and learn. The lettuce is growing so good. It wont be long now and we will be eating salad or maybe some BLTs. My favorite thing to eat from the garden is fried green tomatoes. I wait all year long for them. I will eat almost all the tomatoes before they turn red. I don't eat red tomatoes, I just don't like them but I will eat all kinds of tomato sauces and products. But I do have to let some ripen for my mom and husband. At this point both of the tomato plants have a couple blooms. The plants are still small but growing every day. My sister/neighbor's garden is doing so good. She already has baby peppers growing on her plants. I have to admit I am a little jealous. I hope that she doesn't have a green tomato before me because I already told her that I would steal it. I probably wont but it will be very hard not to.
     Have a good day.

                                                                   April Whitehair

No comments:

Post a Comment