Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Do you know any good bug repellant for the garden?

     Rain again. I am so tired of rain. I know that in the summer I will be wishing for rain. I was hoping to hang laundry out on the line today but I guess that is out of the question. I guess I am lucky to have a dryer that I can use. I have been trying to use less electric and gas lately. Just trying to save money. I made my own clothes line out of wire, but the first try I used a thin nylon cord and that did not work. It stretched. So I switched to the wire. I looked at the ones the store was selling and I did not like any of those. So I made my own with what I had on hand. I don't understand paying money for something that I don't have to.
     I just walked through the garden and more of the plants have been eaten by bugs of some sort. I just sprayed seven dust on them again yesterday. It seems to be attracting bugs instead of repelling them. I was at first just my beans being eaten but this morning my sunflower, cucumber, pepper, and peas all have damage. I will have to go buy something else. I wish I knew what to buy that would work. I have never seen any bugs on any of the plants so I don't know what kind I am dealing with. I will have to find one that repels all kinds. Any suggestions?
     Have a good day.

                                                                   April Whitehair

No comments:

Post a Comment