Monday, May 6, 2013

More flower seeds!

     Good morning. Today I checked in on the bell pepper seeds and I have five growing! This I am so excited about. It has taken them so long to start. The plan for today is to put newspaper on the garden around all the plants to use as a weed blocker. I just hope it isn't to hot out today and I can get it all done before the rain starts.
     I get so much enjoyment from watching the garden grow. And hoping that they all produce well.
     I had found several flower seeds that my Mom had put up about four or more years ago and forgot about. So I planted all of them and hope to see them grow. Most I didn't know what kind they were but they got planted anyway. About two quart jars full of Cosmo seeds was hidden way in the back of some shelves. I remember as a kid walking around the yard nightly with my mom collecting the seeds. I hope they will grow. I planted a quart and gave my sister the other quart to plant hope one of us gets them to grow it would be nice to have them to continue. I know that I could just buy some of those seeds but they would not be my Mom's.
     My Mom's Alzheimer's is slowly getting worse. Lately she has been asking to go home, this is her home and she has lived here for over 40 years. It is just so sad watching her be sad. Heartbreaking. She spilled a half gallon of sweet tea the night before last and just cried and cried. Well it was a mess. But I got it cleaned up quickly. It is crazy the role reversal between us. Several years ago it would have been me making the mess and she would have been the one cleaning it up.
     All I know is to love and be patient and God will take care of the rest.

                                                                                     April Whitehair

No comments:

Post a Comment