Monday, June 17, 2013

Almost vacation time!

     Good morning. I am awake a little later than usual. Well actually I woke up a lot earlier but my back was killing me so I went back to sleep. I think it was from all the weeding I did in the garden yesterday evening. I finally got the rest of the bell peppers planted that I had started from seed. There are 22 bell pepper plants in total. I hope they do well. Well my sad tomato plant has two tiny tiny tomatoes on it and my husband's tomato plant has at least seven tomatoes on it. Cheers for Miracle-Gro. I still wont allow him to put any on my tomato plant I am holding out hope that mine will do just fine without it, eventually. It seems that the watermelon plants have stopped growing and the ones on the other side of the creek have had all their leaves eaten by something. I had such high hopes for these watermelon plants. The pea plants have several blooms it looks like we will have a lot of peas. And one bloom on the cucumber plants.
     This time next week we will be at the beach! I cant wait. But for this week I have a lot of cleaning to do to get this house ready for my sisters to stay and keep an eye on Mom. I have to admit that I am a little worried about leaving Mom for several days. She is so use to it being her and me all the time, I hope she will be able to relax and enjoy the time with her other daughters. With this Alzheimer's she is difficult to handle at times, maybe my sisters will be less irritated when dealing with her than I am. I think I just need a vacation to get away and recharge. Plus my husband and I need some alone time to strengthen our relationship. It is always good to do that, no matter how strong your relationship is. I feel that my marriage is a good one. We both love and respect each other and there are no serious issues. My main issue I think is that I get so stressed while dealing with Mom that I take it out on my husband. I shouldn't do that, I know. But he is my partner in life and sometimes I need his strength to strengthen myself. And sometimes I need his calmness to calm myself. And vice versa.
     I must go get started cleaning. I have a lot of packing to do also. Oh it is such hard work preparing for a vacation. Have a good day.

                                                                April Whitehair

No comments:

Post a Comment