Sunday, June 16, 2013

     Good morning. I am so sleepy this morning. Last night was the Bible school program and we had a good time. The kids got to show off all the crafts they made then we went outside and had a weenie roast. Everyone ate to much but it was good. All the adults get to talk and the kids get to run around and play. Its a good end to a long week.
     Update on Bob, the cat, he is doing good. It took him a couple days of rest and extra lovins from Momma and Poppy but now he is almost back to normal. He is more timid. He still wants to go outside but he does it a little more cautiously. Boy that cat worried me. I am so glad that he is ok. He is a well loved cat.
     Garden is doing good. My tomato plant had out grew the tomato cage and it was leaning. I was afraid that it would fall over and break off. So my husband had to cut the wire cage so we could remove it and we replaced it with a metal trellis, the kind for flowers. It looks good I think. I would suggest not to use the cage for your tomatoes a stake will work much better. I still have only one tiny tomato and my husband has four tomatoes, his are getting big. I have lots of blooms on my pea plants. The lettuce is ready to eat, we may eat some but I am thinking of letting some go to seed to collect for next year. The green beans are starting to run up the string trellis that I made. Sunflowers are getting so big, I cant wait to see flowers on them. The bell pepper plants that I have been babying in a flower box are ready to be planted, I will probably plant those this evening. The cucumber plants are getting big, still no cucumbers. The watermelon plants have seemed to stop growing I am not sure about them. Pumpkin and birdhouse gourd plants are getting bigger by the day. I think that is everything that is planted close to the house. I will be doing a lot of garden maintenance this week in preparation for our vacation the following week. I will be so worried about the garden, I hope it rains some here while we are gone.
   Well today is Sunday, church day. But actually I have went to church the last seven days for Bible school. It is Father's day. My daddy passed away ten years ago this year. I miss him so much. I hope to post about him sometime in the future. It will be a difficult post to write, that's why I keep putting it off. I need to get off here and get ready. Have a good day.

                                                                     April Whitehair

No comments:

Post a Comment