Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Home Sweet Home West Virginia

     Good morning. Coffee time. Mom is awake already setting beside me drinking coffee. She has no idea what I am doing. I keep trying to tell her she needs to be quiet so I can think but she forgets and tells me something else. Oh well, I will try to write something anyway.
     I would like to tell you about where I live. I live in the most beautiful state in the USA. West Virginia, the mountain state. Wild and wonderful West Virginia. This is where I was born and raised and no other place could I see calling home. I have been to and seen many other states, though those close to us look similar with all the mountains and forests none have that heart touching beauty as West Virginia. If I were out of state and coming back home the welcome to West Virginia sign is like seeing a warm fire burning in a fire place on a cold winter day. I live in a valley, well to us it is a hollow. The mountains around us are only hills to us but I'm sure that flat land people would call them mountains. To some they feel stifling or strangling but to me they are hugging, loving, and protective. They provide food, beauty, and fun. The exact location of this home is the most wonderful place, to me, in the world. I have made many life decisions while sitting on the front porch steps looking out into the woods. Now days my spot is in the back yard setting on the swing looking at the creek and hill side. I can get distracted from life by the beauty of the trees and the wildness of nature. I see birds of all shapes and sizes, squirrels, chipmunks (a little less now with all my cats), the big rocks that I use to play on as a child, and trees I use to build tree houses in. I hear the steady running of water in the creek, the beautiful chirping of birds and silence. Perfect. Home sweet home. I could never find contentment in a city and I feel sorry for those that don't have these wonders of nature out there back door. I feel that I have so much more here than I could ever have anywhere else. I have been truly blessed by being born to inherit this master piece of God.
     Have a good day.

                                                                        April Whitehair

No comments:

Post a Comment