Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Learning Lessons from Children.

     Good morning. Up early again today. Today is the second day of Bible School! Yesterday was the first day and all I can say is wow. Let me start at the beginning. We did not get all the kids we were expecting which is sad, we were about nine short of what we were expecting. But we are glad to have those who came. My class was great. I have three kids in my class and they are wonderful. They pay attention and I can see them learn and remember, it is so great to see that after all the time I spend with my Mom who cant learn or remember anything. I also have my Mom in my class, and that is what I was wowing about. Her Alzheimer's has progressed to a point that I didn't even realize. I would say except for her ability to write, poorly, she is of the skill level of the preschool class. Please understand that I am not trying to be mean only truthful. I didn't expect her to be able to remember anything that was taught in the class and that was true. What I didn't expect was her inability to do even the basic of crafts. She cried when her coloring page wasn't as pretty as the kids, and when her yellow wasn't bright enough, or when her blue wasn't as dark as mine. It is so sad. I try to be patient and understanding. What I loved was watching the kids in my class be so helpful with her. What a blessing kids are! They showed me how to be patient, kind, and understanding. It didn't bother them to help her when she needed it. They would try to explain things to her, like why her blue was not as dark as other blues and they didn't seem irritated by it. I think I need to be a lot more like them.
     A check of the garden last night showed, I am sad to say, that my husband's tomato plant has two baby tomatoes. Why am I sad about this? Well it was kind of a race to see who's tomato plant would produce first. And I sadly lost. Not one on mine. Well and also we were experimenting on these tomato plants he used Miracle-Gro on his and I used compost and egg shells. But I still stand by my original statement, his plant may be bigger but mine will taste better! We shall see. Everything else is growing and doing good except no birdhouse gourd plants have popped through the soil yet. Slugs are still the enemy of my garden. I feel we will never fully get rid of them. Any suggestions?
     I must go get ready for Bible School. Have a good day.

                                                                     April Whitehair
    

No comments:

Post a Comment