Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Mom's bored. What should I do?

     Good morning. I was actually awake a while ago but my computer decided to restart and update. I hate when I am trying to do something and that happens. Oh well it gave me a chance to walk the garden with my boys, cats. Everything in the garden is doing well. I actually have a third tomato on my plant. I have been trying to figure out what to do with the lettuce I have grown. We don't eat much lettuce. Maybe a salad every now and then and lettuce on tacos. I have just been picking and eating a piece about everyday. I have been thinking of letting it go to seed to have for next year. I think my husband would rather have head lettuce, he suggested growing some of that next year. We shall see. I am planning on growing so much stuff next year. I think I will need to find more land to plant on.
     Mom is so excited to go to my sister and brother-in-law's house next week. She keeps talking about it and bringing me stuff and wanting to take it to their house. It is strange that she cant remember just about anything including my name but she can remember that she is going there. She really is excited about seeing her son-in-law, I think more than getting to spend time with her daughter, she is in love with him. I am just glad that she has something to be excited about and something to look forward to. I feel like her life is boring to her. It is very hard to be and do everything for someone. It is my job to take complete care of her but one area I know that I am lacking in is socializing/entertainment. She doesn't have many friends or family that will stop and see her or call her. We go to volleyball every Saturday night but that is about it. I have tried to get her out of the house and go shopping but she complains so much while we are gone that I don't think she is having a very good time. I try to get her to go outside and walk with her dog everyday but some days that is even difficult. She always comes up with a reason that she cant go, its to hot, its to cold, her eyes are dry, or this or that hurts. I am not sure what to do with her. She just likes to sit in her room and read or look at her stuff from the past. She doesn't even watch tv as much as she use to. I will go in every day and turn the living room tv on and find something that she use to like hoping that she will see it and want to watch it. I have been feeling increasingly bad about this. What can I do to help her have a more enjoyable life? She loved going to Bible school but that is now done for the year. I myself feel so busy with the daily things in life that I don't know what I could do to help her. It has to be sad to feel so lonely. She will cry at times because she doesn't have a husband, Dad died almost ten years ago. Most people seem to not like to be around her because she will tell the same stories over and over and is inappropriate at times. Her loneliness  just breaks my heart. The next month should be good for her with going to my sisters for a few days then getting to spend time with my other sisters while I am on vacation then there will be two family reunions also. I hope I can find other things she can do that would be enjoyable to her.
     I must go get something done today. Have a good day.

                                                         April Whitehair

No comments:

Post a Comment