Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Beach !

     Good morning. I am still at the beach. We had such a good time yesterday. Went swimming a lot, got a little sunburned, but not to bad. We ate at our favorite pizza place, Chicho's. We talk about it all year and dream of eating their pizza and let me tell you it didn't disappoint. The sauce is a spicy sauce which is so good. We got to see the dolphins again this year. They swim in close to the beach a couple times a day and my husband tries to swim out to them every time. But just isn't quick enough. Our campsite is great, close to beach and bathhouse. The campground that we have stayed at for the past three years is First Landing State Park. It is just north of Virginia Beach. Close enough to go do all the touristy stuff but with a lot less people. The beach is private for the campers. So there isn't many on the beach which is so nice. I can walk out for a long time before the water is over my head, which is nice for kids. We woke up early this morning, around four am and decided to go get coffee and watch the sun rise. Well one thing I can say bad about Virginia Beach area is that nothing opens up till 7am. We had the hardest time finding a cup of coffee. We had to drive quite a ways to find a McDonalds that was open to get coffee. We also wanted sausage gravy and biscuts but the don't serve that at that McDonalds! Really! So we just settled for the coffee and a walk on the beach. We sat on a lifeguard stand and snuggled and watched the sun come up. We still haven't found any breakfast but there is a good looking pancake house that we will go to after it opens at 7.  Well I'm gonna go and enjoy my vacation. I miss my babies, cats, back at home. I cant wait to see them again.

                                                                  April Whitehair

No comments:

Post a Comment