Monday, June 10, 2013

Bible School !

     Good morning. Awake early this morning. Its Bible School! Well its the first day of Bible School. I have only been helping with Bible School for two years but it seems like for every. I went to Bible School every year when I was a kid and now I am a teacher for the same church. Even better than that is that somehow I lucked into being the teacher of the same class that my Mom use to teach, the middle class, the ones that can read and write, but not quite old enough to be in the teen class. I think I should tell you a little more about my church. Its over 100 years old. It is a one room church. They did add a closet several years ago. We still have and use an outhouse. No running water. I love it just the way it is. This was how I was raised. I don't understand why or how some churches can keep building bigger and better church buildings. If you have  all that money in the church account then you must be doing something wrong. (Just my opinion.) I am in no way in charge of the church money but I do know that every time we seem to get ahead there seems to be something that needs to be done with it. Painting, a wheelchair ramp for the front porch, fix the roof, new divider curtains, the price of gas for heat rises, same with the electric, money for Bible School, flowers for a funeral, someone in our church family has a crisis, and all the regular bill for a church like paying the Preacher, helping with church missions and the list goes on and on. How after all that and the ones I didn't list can you have lots of extra money. If you give away what you have, like Jesus, how do you have anything left? Like I said before this is just my opinion and in no way intended to be looked at as the opinion of my other fellow church members they may have their own opinion. And it is not to be looked at a me talking bad about other churches. Each has to do what they feel they need to do to please God. I will be stepping off my soap box now.
     Our Bible School is so much fun. I love to see the kids happy to learn about Jesus. Sometimes it is the only time they get to go to church, the only time they get to hear about God and Jesus. Something we say may stay with them for the rest of there lives. Something we do may just save there lives later in there life. The song Jesus Loves Me, that I learned as a small child at this church, brought me back to Jesus as an adult when I was having a hard time. This may well happen to one of the children that come today.
     God bless and have a good day.

                                                                 April Whitehair

No comments:

Post a Comment