Friday, June 28, 2013

Home Sweet Home

     Good morning. Home sweet home. Yes I am finally home from vacation. I did not get a chance to post yesterday morning, it was a busy day with all the driving home. Well actually I didn't drive at all my husband did all the driving. Which I am glad about. There are a lot of crazy drivers out there. The worst thing is cell phone use while driving. Is talking on the phone or texting really that necessary of a thing that you should put your life, your family's lives and your fellow driver's lives in danger? We seen a sickening wreck on the way home yesterday. It actually happened right beside us. A woman changed lanes unexpectedly on the interstate and the old man in that lane could not miss her, though he tried. His car hit hers, hit the median wall, then rolled back across the road and hit the truck in front of us. He was just setting there with his head hanging and he was not moving, I thought he was dead. My husband and I jumped out of our car and ran to him. He came to and was notably lost and confused. All we could do was comfort him with words and tell him to sit still till help arrived. Which help came extremely quickly, there was patrol in the traffic. When we was driving away the woman who changed lanes unexpectedly was standing out side of her car talking on her cell phone, perfectly fine but with the back end of her car smashed. She didn't even go check on that man. It made us so mad because he will be the one who gets blamed for it even though he did nothing wrong. I saw it and I was saying "Wreck, Oh God, Wreck" before it even happened. We was quite shaken for the rest of our drive. I said lots of prayers for that man and us and everyone around us for the rest of the trip home.
     Our vacation was a wonderful escape for both of us. We did a lot of swimming and sunbathing. Though we got very burned it was fun. It was nice to get away and have no worries, no responsibilities. But it was over way to soon and now we are back to our real lives. There is so much to do. A lot of vacation laundry to do. A lot of unpacking. But it will all get done, sooner or later.
     I am so thankful for my sisters for helping out with Mom while we were away. I hope they had a good time with her. But I also hope they got to see some of the things I have to deal with everyday. It is not an easy job to live with and take care of someone with Alzheimer's. It is frustrating and emotionally hard to watch the daily deterioration of a loved one.  My oldest sister and her husband got to spend a couple days with her and they have offered to take her some to give us a break every once and a while. That will be so nice for us. Maybe we can get into having a date night again like we use to.
     While we were on vacation we missed so much stuff at home. Our cats, babies, the most of all. It was so good to see them again. I think I loved on them so much that it drove them crazy. But I think they miss us as well, they seemed happy to see us.
     I also missed my garden while we were gone. Everything has grown. Our bean plants are now taller than both of us. But there will be a lot of work to do in the garden in the next couple of days. A lot of weeding. And hopefully I will be frying up some fried green tomatoes soon.
     Well I better go start the day. I have lots to do. Have a good day.

                                                           April Whitehair 

No comments:

Post a Comment