Saturday, June 15, 2013

Just another day.

     Good morning. Yesterday was the last day of Bible school and tonight is the program where the kids get to show their parents all they learned and made. Then we have a weenie roast. It is always a highlight of Bible school for the kids. I remember being one of those kids. It was always fun to run around with your Bible school friends and roast weenies over an open fire, and roast marshmallows.
I am very proud of all my students for all the work they did this week. I hope something they learned will stick with them and help them in the future. I hope that the kids would get to come to Sunday school also.
     We had a lot of rain the other night and it did good for the garden. The cucumber plants have grown a lot, but no cucumbers yet. I have blooms on the pea plants. The bean plant have started running up the string trellis that I have made. I have 3 bird house gourd plants poking out of the ground, I was hoping for more, but I am happy to see those. And the lettuce is about ready to eat. My husband has 3 tomatoes on his plant and I have one very tiny one. I so cant wait for fried green tomatoes. Everything else is doing well also.
     I have a lot of cleaning around here to make up for the time I spent in Bible school this week. But it will have to wait. I have to go shopping and get ready for the program tonight. Have a good day.

                                                                      April Whitehair

No comments:

Post a Comment