Tuesday, June 4, 2013

     Good morning. It is a sad morning in my house. My wonderful husband is getting ready to leave to work out of town for the rest of the week. I wont know what to do without him. Not only is he my best friend but he is also my strength, my greatest supporter, my shoulder to cry on, my calming factor, and my happy. I love him so much it will be a strange couple of days. But he does not need to worry about all of us at home we are as he says "halla" (raised in the hollow). We can take care of our selves. I just hope he doesn't have to much fun with all the room service and the hot tub and decide not to come home.
     It is a very cold morning for June. Everyone here woke up, got a cup of coffee and went back to bed. Even my Mom's dog is back under the blanket with her. I am sure it will warm up some so I can get outside and get to playing in the garden. The quick walk through of the garden showed a couple dead slugs since my husband used the store bought slug killer on the new areas of garden yesterday evening. Everything is growing. A couple of the green bean plants are getting tall. Those green bean plants I am most of proud of because they had all been ate on by slugs, to the point of nothing left but stems. Now with new leaves and height, they will soon be able to grow up the string grid that I made.
     Everything is planted that I wanted to plant except for some of the smaller sunflower seeds. I just had to many. Also the baby strawberry plants and baby bell peppers are still to small to plant in the ground they will have to stay in their flower boxes for a while longer.
     Have a good day.

                                                              April Whitehair

No comments:

Post a Comment